Tkon is a typical fishing village and harbor, located on the island of Pašman and sometimes referred to as the "Kornati Gate". The main activity used by the population here was to colect shells (Kunjke) from the Pasman Canal - these are the shells by which the place was named - Kun (Tkon).
The municipality and town of Tkon were formed in 1997. The area comprises the villages of Ugrinic and 13 islets, the largest of which are Gangaro, Zizanj and Kosara and the smallest is Orlic. In the Pasman Channel, the islands of Planac and Cavatul, and the others in the southeast towards Vrgada Island or southwest towards the islands of Žut and Kornati. The settlement area is about 15 km ².
The island of Pasman of 63 km² belongs to the Zadar group of islands. Formed by halving Ugljan and Pasman, the Zdrelac (1883), now bridged, both islands are named after settlements in the largest island fields. It is connected to the mainland by ferry lines to Biograd and Zadar.
Today, there are approximately 850 inhabitants, mostly Roman Catholic, living in Tkon.